Aesthetics, Design & Branding

Part 1:
First Company- Penny Juice of America

  • Three Potential Problems:
    • The colors are not colors I would recommend because they are slightly painful to look at
    • They barely talk about what their products are
    • They don't have anything about their history of the company 
  • They can improve their potential problems by:
    • Changing up the colors that are easier to look at and more neutral. They could choose an ideal color palette that fits their brand. 
    • They could have added more information about the product and why people choose their products over other products. 
    • They could create an about the company page that has the background knowledge of why they start the company. I personally love to know why a company was started and how it was.
Second Company- Jami Lin's Passions 
  • Three Potential Problems 
    • It looks so busy and tons of things that are thrown in your face.
    • The navigation bar is on the top but it's super small. Plus they have another navigation bar as well. 
    • The page doesn't look very organized and it's like the last minute project that you throw together and hope for the best.
  • They can improve their potential problems by:
    • They can choose the most important things and keep them on. While moving the other things that they really want on other pages.
    • They should have on the navigation bar, around the bottom of the title (where most navigation bars tend to be). Also, have sub-categories so it also makes it look neat. 
    • Just going with my solutions for the first two potential problems that I noticed.
Part 2:
  • What they did right-
    • They have a color palette for sure
    • They have a navigation bar, on the side but it's clear that it is.
    • They have photos that they took vs stock images.
    • They have the address and email right on top of the page. 
    • They have a lot of information and they also have links to other pages like contact, about and etc on the bottom.
  • What they did right-
    •  They have a nice aesthetic that looks like it would belong to a company that is creative.
    • They have a lot of information as well on the page.
    • They have a menu bar that is the navigation bar, right there in your face while you would have to try to find it. 
    • They have the recent events that are coming up so they are updating their websites regularly. 
    • They have few links for the important stuff for that specific company which I really like. They are the things that people are expecting from them.
Part 3:
How do design, aesthetics, and branding impact my reaction to the websites:
I think that all of that has the biggest impact on my decision to stay on the websites to buy a product or trust it for information. I believe that if you go to a website that looks like it was made by a beginner web designer and it looks like a little kid designed, I wouldn't feel like I would be trusting that website at all. I would be a little concerned for who design and wonder why they left like that. Few times, I have checked a website for a job that I'm potentially going to apply for, and if the website doesn't look professional. I tend to not apply since I would have to represent this company. Yet, to me the standards for them are low. But for companies that I might be giving them my money and their websites don't look the best then I would have negative thoughts about their company. Everything I just said, could easily answer the impact on my reaction to the website by their design, aesthetics, and branding. 

Part 4: 
Two websites that I used or visit frequently:


  • Why are they effective? 
  • What specific principles of good design do they include and why?
  • What makes you come back again?
  • What could be improved?
First Website- Canvas 

First, I think that I choose canvas as one of the two websites that I used and visit frequently because it's actually the number one. Since right now school is one of the top things that are in my life besides work. I could pick at the website more than any other website at the moment. It's insane on how much I have to say about the website. I come back to canvas because I, kind have to, come back for school and be able to do my school work. 

I think that canvas has a good design after you logged in and look at the front page; where we have the list of things that need to be completed. It shows that due dates and what's due first. Also, it allows us to be able to see what's due on that week. But, if we want to see more of what's due later on- it allows seeing what's published. But, also the opposite, we can see what's late and what was due last week or in the past. But I do enjoy that I'm really happy that they have a good design for the login on the page as well. It makes me feel welcome. 

But, I think that canvas is a great website but I think that I do prefer the last version, before this version slightly. It looked really organized as well but I do like to see all of my classes on the home page. Then have the to-do list of all of the upcoming assignments on the side with anything that was grade on top of it. To be able to see what the teacher said about the assisgnment. But I did finally accept the new version and I like it. But, I still think that I would like to see all of my classes on the front page with the to-do on the side.

Second Website- Google

As I said before, school is being a huge part of my life at the moment. I feel like the second website that I had to talk about is Google. I really enjoy Google vs the other search tools because I feel like I can trust Google. Plus, I'm able to have quick access to my Gmail and google drive. I think that's a great part of Google, itself. As a student, I feel like Google is one of the websites that you are going to be using at least once per day. But, maybe way more than that. 

I think that Google is very effective because they have a clean and simple layout while having a great reputation behind the name of them. I don't think that people wouldn't be using Google without the wonderful background of Google. I know that I been using it since middle school and I feel like that's another thing. They have a good history and people know the website to go to. It's the website that you use to find other websites. 

I don't think that they could do anything that improves the website since they don't have that many things that go on. Beside the search bar and all of the results. I think that they have a great layout and they provided a lot of results for a common thing. While, being able to give anything that is on the web, in one place that someone is trying to find. 

Overall, both websites are two websites that I will be going back since of school and I actually personally love the design of them. It's crazy on how much I could be passionate about these websites. I'm glad that I'm able to use them and have access to them. I wish I could have two websites beside them to be able to talk about.

Comments

Popular Posts