Defining Your Target Market

Part One:

There's one of the obvious crossover, which is they are food companies so they would have some crossovers as in customers- anyone who likes/loves subs, families, anyone who needs a quick lunch or on their lunch break. I think the most obvious differences between the two websites, is the layout of the websites that they designed. Both websites are making sure that their audiences are hungry. But, get more hunger so they order more than what they were planning so, the business gets more money.

Part Two:

I decided to choose my own business that I am trying to start up. It's a photography business that I'm focusing on portraits at the moment. Right now, I'm trying to build up my portfolio and build up my skills while building some awareness with my business. My goal to grow the different portraits like for family portraits, engagement portraits,  pet portraits, and other portraits that are related to that. But, I only have one active social media, that's Instagram. I really don't have many followers, only about 293 followers. But, the number of interactions are pretty good vs someone who has a lot of followers- sometimes have a lack of interactions like likes, views, and comments. But, I do have a website that people could check out with more of my work so it's a good explanation. I know that I wanted to get a Facebook page and be able to show more of my work. While getting more attention to my business. But, I would say it isn't fully business like there's tax exemption and having enough to be living off of the business. 
Screenshots of my Instagram:

As you could see, I have an email that people could contact me and websites. While there are some highlights of my stories that are good for business to use on Instagram. Then I also say that Orange County and San Diego areas are the places that I do photo shoots. Plus, pricing and availability information are asked to direct message me for the information. 
Screenshots from my website:





As you could see that I have a clean and simple layout for my website; easy to navigate. I have only three pages, the home page, the about me/contact me page and my portfolio page. But, on my about me page, I have a photo of myself because when I did an internship with a photographer; she didn't have any photo of herself and I wasn't sure who I was meeting when I first met her. So, I decided that it would be a good idea to have a photo of myself so people know who I am. It also adds a little personal touch. While I have all of the similar editing styles together and have a clean look to it.

Part Three:

I believe that with photography, I think that the target audience is a huge range. Since anyone who attends school must do school portraits, then family, headshots for models or anything professionals (even teachers or professors). But, especially now with social media and dating services; people feel like they need high-quality photographs to show off their best features. With that being said, people are looking best photographer who could do the job that they wanted to.  

According to Global New Wire: “According to the report, global demand for digital photography market was valued at around USD 77.66 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach approximately USD 110.79 billion in 2021, growing at a CAGR of slightly above 6.1% between 2016 and 2021.” (December 27, 2016- https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2016/12/27/901767/0/en/Global-Digital-Photography-Market-will-reach-USD-110-79-Billion-by-2021-Zion-Market-Research.html) With that being said, it’s the size of the market is increasing.


Comments

Popular Posts